Thursday, January 31, 2013

the result from daring the Universe

so. i can say that it started about 6 months ago.
when i easily get bored of my life. no zest, no new things, a bit flat.
so i dared the Universe to prove that they're that powerful, to give me more surprises, more big surprises, nothing that i can expect.

and then it starts.

first, i met this guy. never meant to make him my lover in the first place, but it turns out he's the best guy i ever had after my ex. i'm in love again but still in control. he's a keeper.

second, i resigned from my job being a teacher. so impulsive, spontaneous. even though i wasn't that ready but i quit anyway.

third, i used my last salary to take an introductory class of glass workshop in singapore. i was told by my boyfriend that he has a good friend that's also a glass artist, and she open a workshop class. so i bought a one-way ticket to singapore and live in my teacher's  house, while taking the workshop and doing some errands for her. i've made myself useful and helping her because she let me lives on her house. but in the end, she still gives me some money because she appreciated my works.

fourth, one of my boyfriend's goal is to travels southeast asia before he turn 31. i never thought that i will ever be able to go with him pursuing that dream. but he got payment from his last project, and there's still some money left so he asked me to go with him, traveling southeast asia. started from singapore, took a bus to kuala lumpur, took a sleeper train to hatyai thailand, took another sleeper train to bangkok, took another sleeper train to chiang mai, took a local bus to chiang rai, hitchhiked toward chiang khong until we found a local transport, crossed the mekong river to huay xai laos, took the speed boat to luang prabang, took a bus to vientiane, took a bus to thakaek, had the thakaek loop 3 days trip, took a bus to don khong, hitched a ride to don det, took a bus to strungtreng cambodia, took a bus to phnom penh, took a bus to saigon vietnam, then took a flight back to singapore.

fifth, on the night after i got back in singapore, i wrote again to universe on my fb status. daring what to do next. and the next day i found a letter from my glass teacher, offering me a stable job to be her assistant, she even gave me a cellphone as a gift. i was speechless. so fast, universe. haha.

sixth, my plan when i was deciding i want to resign is go to bali and find a job there. and yet, i got stuck in singapore much more longer than my plan. after i got that job offer from my glass teacher, i was quiet sure that live in singapore will be my future. but then, my boyfriend's friend who works in bali was searching for someone to do some accounts job. so my boyfriend linked him to me. and i get interested in the job because it's in bali like my first plan, and it's an accounts job that i really wanna learn. and that's when i got depressed. it was very dilemmatic, in one side, working in singapore will give a very good point on my cv and i know my help is needed there. but on the other side, i really wanna go to bali. it's my plan A. but after a long thought, i chose bali.

seventh, that last day in singapore i still have some works to do before i can leave in peace. my flight was at 6.35pm, and i should've been there at least 2 hours before my flight hour. but at 5.10 i was still standing on the sidewalk trying to haul a taxi. panicking and crying, i was really afraid that the check-in gate will be closed when i get there. then desperately i took a bus to the airport, and when i get there the check-in gate is still open. relieved, felt stupid, laughed (while murmured 'fuck you universe).

eighth, when i decided to go to bali anyway, there's still a chance i might not get the job in here. because they still wanna interviewed me in person first before they agree to hire me or not. but then i got hired, and found a safe place to live, at least until august.

so. right now, i'm gonna stop daring the universe. i mean, i'm gonna dare it again in the future, but not anytime soon. it was a very effective method to have an exciting road in life. you should try it. the key is, don't be afraid of what might come, do not hesitate, do not over-think, and always wear your best attitude wherever, whenever.

good luck, keep breathing and don't panic!


No comments: