Wednesday, July 18, 2012

come softly to me

when i was 4 years old my dad brings us to the States for a year. we live in dallas, texas. the year was 1991. my younger years filled with old music, music my dad's love and he play them everyday. so automatically i love 'em too. i still listen to 'em until now. simon & garfunkle, queen, elvis presley, the beatles, the everly brothers, ..and so on.

there is this one song that i remembered, and i liked it so much but nobody knows what the title was. nobody even recognize the song when i sang it. i don't remember the whole lyrics, i just remember the opening of the song was like ..'ndoo bee doo dum dum, dum ndoo dum, ndoo bee doo..'
nobody knows, even when i asked my ex, who claims he knows most of the old tunes.

i always thought the singer was the everly brothers, but i was wrong.
for years the song keeps haunting me.
until one day --i forgot what day exactly-- and i don't know why i haven't write about it immediately after  i finally knows who sings it and what the title is.

what i know is, ever since i finally knows the title, the singers and the lyrics, that song keeps popping as movie's soundtrack. so far, i've heard it in 3 movies. how annoying!
why do i heard it AFTER i found it. why am i not seeing those movies a bit earlier?!

LOL..
anyways, here.. i'll put the lyrics here..
enjoy!


Mm dooby do, dahm dahm
Dahm do dahm ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm ooh dahm
Mm dooby do
(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
(Come to me, sta-ay)
(You're my ob-session)
(For ever and a da-ay)
I want, want you to kno-o-ow
I love, I love you so
Please hold, hold me so tight
All through, all through the night..
(Speak softly, darling)
(Hear what I sa-ay)
(I love you always)
(Always, always)
I've waited, waited so long
For your kisses and your love
Please come, come to me
From up, from up above
(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
I need, need you so much
Wanna feel your wa-arm touch
Mm dooby do, dahm dahm
Dahm do dahm ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm ooh dahm

what?
you still wanna know who's song that is?

No comments: